Our release notes summarize the changes within specific releases. We distinguish between new features, improvements, and bug fixes.
- When using the save-as feature, the previously used folder will be used initially. You can change this behaviour from the settings.
- Now able to reset all your hotkeys with a single button to their initial defaults.
- You are now able to change the thickness of the arrow when using the 'Textbox with arrow' option.
- When you receive an update notification, you can now choose: Update now, Remind me, Ignore. When pressing ignore, you won't be reminded of the update until next restart of the Capture Tool.
- When you click on the update notification, the settings page to choose to manually start the update opens.
- You can use the 'lock/unlock' feature to 'unlock' your screen while capturing. This allows you to click on windows opened behind the capture window to bring up something you want to capture.
- Updating now happens using a signed .MSI file. This decreases complexity and also prevents a Windows SmartScreen warning upon downloading.
- Changed the default screenshot hotkey from 'PrintScreen' to 'Ctrl+PrintScreen'. This combination will capture all types of windows, including admin windows.
- Updated text explaining the Windows limitation of capturing admin windows with possible workarounds.
- Upon closing the capture tool using the X for the first time, a Windows notification will be shown notifying the user that the Capture Tool is still running in the background.
- Improved arrow shape quality, also on different Windows scaling settings.
- Toolbar for arrow shape now properly shown at the base of the arrow even after resizing.
- After updating the capture tool, checking for updates will be skipped. Instead, you will see a confirmation popup from which you can open the release notes directly to see what is new.
- When the capture tool is being updated, you will now see a passive windows installer. Previously, this was hidden but because some users might wonder if anything is happening at all in the background during the update, this feature has been added.
- Fixed application crash when going to settings window and navigating to the 'Integrations' tab.
- Application crash when drawing arrow with Windows scaling above 200%.
- Application crash when moving around number with Window scaling above 200%.
- When drawing Text w/arrow, the initial move box and resize circle were not hidden correctly initially.
- Now possible to reset the recording window instead of having to close / reopen when restarting a recording.
- Disabled option to resize window using width and height coordinates after starting a recording.
- Capture tool window now not reshown after performing action (saving/send to email/printing) with captured image.
- Popup window for configuring default Teams for Microsoft Teams integration improved, can now be resized and closed manually.
- Now using 24h notation for default file format.
- Output type can now be changed during recording using a dropdown.
- Settings window now same size as the home screen, preventing jerky resizing when clicking on settings.
- Fixed bug where context menu's were not able to be screenshotted.
- Toast notifications were not shown on fresh install.
- Application crash when using pixelate option whilst recording.
- When using windows scaling different than 100% and with multiple screens, certain parts of the screen were not recordable.
- Changing the output type from the recording window would still output the initial type.
- When the Capture Tool is updated, it will show a confirmation pop-up. Clicking 'What's new?' button directly opens the release notes.
- You can now click the 'Release Notes' menu item at the bottom left of the Capture Tool to open the release notes at any time.
- When switching to the settings page, the capture tool window now stays the same size.
- When a user installed the Capture Tool on a new computer, it would not start up due to a missing file.
- It is now possible to change between MP4 and Gif on the fly before starting to record.
- It is now possible to choose a recording countdown delay. This can be done from the settings and on the fly.
- It is now possible to manually input the width and height of your recording and capture window by using the dimensions textboxes at the topright.
- When recording and choosing having the 'show drawing options' checkbox off, you will now only see the drawing. The resize ellipses will also be hidden, giving everything a cleaner look. You can still move them around however.
- Possibly fixed a bug related to playing the capture sound and it crashing the application.
- Upon startup, the following issues are verified: If the images path is writeable; If the recordings path is writeable; If FFMPEG is available.
- If the paths are incorrect, a popup will be shown. If the application is not visible, a new button is shown at the top right of the app, displaying the amount of errors.
- If the user clicks on this, a new child window is opened giving the user the option to fix the issue. He/she can then adjust the path to another path. The path picker has also been adjusted.
- After picking a path, it will now be verified and you will be prompted to pick again if the newly chosen path also has no write rights.
- In case you try to make a recording of capture a screenshot with incorrect pathing, the application will be brought to the foreground and it will show a popup with the appropriate error/reason for not being able to record/capture.
- Sometimes the option to 'run at startup' would not be adjusted properly.
- When running the application for the first time (run at startup), using a hotkey would open the capture window and keep it on the foreground while capturing.
- Changing file paths was not persisted after restarting.
- Save toolbar now not shown when recording.
- Fixed broken FFMPEG download link.
- Fixed recording save toolbar not being clickable after recording